Sensata Technologies, Inc. Product Manager in Thousand Oaks, California
Sensata Technologies is currently seeking a Product Marketing Specialist for our Aerospace business. The Product Marketing Specialist will ensure the product portfolio delivers a competitive advantage to the business and is aligned to Sensata’s strategic objectives. Collating market and competitive intelligence, combined with voice of customer, the Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible to develop the product strategy. As key member of the Aerospace marketing team, this role will also be responsible to help deliver NPD and internal programs in accordance with approved business cases while maintaining customer satisfaction. This role will report to the Marketing Director for Aerospace.
- Develop product strategy in terms of portfolio positioning, applications, new product development needs and margin improvement initiatives
- Support the Aerospace Strategy Process (STINT) collating necessary inputs and developing presentation materials
- Together with sales, engineering and contract management teams, support the development of business cases and support proposal activity for major new business opportunities
- Support the development of program charters, top-level schedule, deliverables and critical success factors associated to major new programs during the initiation phase
- Work with engineering to track progress against milestones, costs, schedule, and lead gate reviews through the Concept, Development and Pre-launch phases
- Work with Operations, program management, customer support and external customers during product-ramp, production and retirement phases to explore opportunities for business case improvement and manage the impact of change
- Present regular program gate reviews with senior leadership to provide visibility of progress, issues and forecast outcomes.
- Ensure compliance of Sensata policies, e.g. ITAR compliance.
- Work with site cross-functional teams to develop detailed program plans and be accountable for their execution ensuring that all agreed commercial and strategic objectives are met.
- Participate in due diligence of potential acquisition or business partnering activities as necessary
Because this position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. person for ITAR and EAR purposes, you must: (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident (i.e., "green card holder") of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee, or have been granted asylum, provided that you have applied for naturalization within six months of the date you first became eligible, and if not yet accepted, you are actively pursuing naturalization after two years from the date of your application.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
We are ready for the next century.
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world. Click here to find out more about our Future Focus
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact email@example.com
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters
We are dedicated to ensuring our employees feel a sense of belonging and respect every day. We believe that every individual has unique insights that others can learn from. Working at Sensata means you can bring your whole self to the table. Our goal is to achieve fair representation of women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, and all types of diversity among all levels in our organization.