Sensata Technologies, Inc. Marketing Segment Analyst/Administrator - maternity cover in Sofia, Bulgaria
This is a temporary position for the period of maternity leave of the titular. The Operational Market Segment Analyst/Administrator supports tactics to achieve current-year business commitments and long-term business goals. It is an entrepreneurial role requiring initiative, customer relationship-building, communication, analytical and leadership skills, as well as a thorough understanding of market trends, customers, vehicle systems, competition, and technologies.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Provide demand and revenue forecast inputs
- Strategic Intent Plan, Long Range Plan (5 years), Annual Plan (1 year)
- Deliver accurate Annual and Long Range net revenue growth plan based on market dynamics and customer guidance
- Defend incumbent positions against competitive entry
- Manage product positioning in the market place, including rationalizing pricing strategy based on market conditions
- Lead competitive benchmarking team activities, including both commercial and technical dimensions, and integrate benchmarking data into product and margin roadmaps
- Drive short-term and long-term revenue growth
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize competitive, legislative and technical discontinuities that present opportunities or threats
- Responsible for pricing strategy and profitability for all new business opportunities within segment
Qualifications Required (Preferred):
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business
- 3 years industrial experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Work Style
- Desire to make a significant impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Able to manage and execute change in a dynamic, complex organization
- Proactive approach and ability to work well under pressure. Analytical, logical, resourceful, creative and results-driven
- Able to work effectively both independently and in groups and to collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds around the world
- Able to act decisively under conditions of ambiguity and adapt plans in light of new information
- Willingness to travel: 10%-20% travel in Europe & 1-2 overseas trips per year as required
- Communication Skills
- Strong written and verbal English
- Ability to synthesize a coherent, meaningful and compelling story from diverse and sometimes incomplete data sources (and communicate it effectively at all levels of the organization)
- Technical Skills
- Able to develop deep subject matter expertise and insight into current and future automotive systems, their controls and enabling sensing solutions
- Solid understanding of financial fundamentals
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word skills
- Prepare reports on findings while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into written texts that are clear and understandable
- Gather information on competitors, and conduct analysis on their sales, prices and methods of distribution and marketing to thoroughly learn about the competition
- Evaluate target demographics, appropriate distribution channels and marketing outlets
- Analyze marketing metrics to gauge pricing and identify cause and effect relationships
- Collect and analyze data regarding customer preferences, demographics, buying habits and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing product demand
- Collaborate with marketing department to develop appropriate sales strategies
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
We are ready for the next century.
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world. Click here to find out more about our Future Focus
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters
We are dedicated to ensuring our employees feel a sense of belonging and respect every day. We believe that every individual has unique insights that others can learn from. Working at Sensata means you can bring your whole self to the table. Our goal is to achieve fair representation of women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, and all types of diversity among all levels in our organization.