Sensata Technologies, Inc. System Engineer in Shanghai, China
We are seeking enthusiastic and creative Systems Verification Engineer to provide expert guidance to Sensata Research & Development personnel, management and commercial people, in the skill area of Systems and Software Testing and Verification.
Main duties will include:
- Responsibility for Analysing customer technical requirement and generate system technical requirement accordingly, write system specification when required.
- Define SLU matrix together with software design team
- Responsibility for creating system Test Plans and Test Cases according to System Specifications and Customer Requirements.
- Responsibility for creating Software Testing Plans and Test Cases according to Software Design Requirements
- To design and implement bench testing of system/software independently from the software Design Team
- To design and execute System Verification on-vehicle in collaboration with Systems Application Engineers
- Track requirement compliance status
- Support the Software Team during development and problem solving activities
- Assessment and procurement of software tools for verification purposes
- Produce documentation relating to systems requirements, Test Case Specifications, System Test Plans and System Test Completion Reports for each software release.
- Script development using CAN tools such as Vector CANoe and Intrepid Control Systems Vehicle SPY
- Contribute to the overall team/departmental strategy.
- Keep abreast of the latest innovations and developments in Systems and Software Testing.
- Ensure compliance at all times with company and statutory requirements.
- Participate in the day-to-day activities of the team and work effectively as a team member to ensure continuous improvement.
- Meet any performance measures and KPI’s set for you and your team.
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with members of your team and other parts of the business.
- Participate in training opportunities.
- Candidate must possess a degree in computer science or electrical engineering & 5 years industrial experience in a Software Design or Software Testing role.
- Experienced in CAN communication protocols (ISO11898 and J1939 etc.), UDS protocols (ISO15765).
- Experience in CAN tools application and script design (e.g. Vector CANoe or Intrepid Control Systems Vehicle Vehicle SPY)
- The candidate should be familiar with C language for embedded software development
- The candidate should be aware or have experience in all stages of the software lifecycle/processes and have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of digital and analogue electronic circuitry is desirable. The candidate will also need to develop test harnesses in order to setup test benches.
- Candidate should have strong team spirit and a proven record of excellent communication skills
- Candidate should be proficient at English; both written and verbal.
Please note, this position may require some foreign travel.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
We are ready for the next century.
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world. Click here to find out more about our Future Focus
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact email@example.com
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters
We are dedicated to ensuring our employees feel a sense of belonging and respect every day. We believe that every individual has unique insights that others can learn from. Working at Sensata means you can bring your whole self to the table. Our goal is to achieve fair representation of women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, and all types of diversity among all levels in our organization.