Sensata Technologies, Inc. Process Engineer in Hengelo, Netherlands
The Process Engineer is responsible for developing or modifying manufacturing processes to increase product performance, improve manufacturing efficiency and boost profits. This position works closely with design engineers, equipment vendors, program managers, marketing, and quality engineers to support the development of new electromechanical products. They are responsible for providing the overall process design and suggesting measures to improve product design for manufacturability. This includes the development of new equipment and process flows as well as developing cost estimates for labor and capital. They will also provide ongoing sustaining support to production lines at our global make sites.
• Key participant in the development of new production processes and/or adapt existing production processes for assembly, calibration and testing
• Define specifications for production equipment and interact with mechanization (in house) and/or equipment suppliers to ensure equipment will meet specifications
• Key participant in global new product development project teams to enable successful launch of new products
• Collaborate with other departments on process specifications, quality aspects, product specifications and continuity of equipment
• Influence product designs during new product development phase to ensure economical and defect free manufacture
• Developing new or improved manufacturing and testing processes that are necessary to achieve the performance and cost requirements of future device applications
• Organize the arranging of sample lines and process development equipment
• Key participant in advanced quality planning activities
• Coordinates all functional requirements, the reviewing of designs and debugging /qualifying new high volume assembly /test equipment or tooling
• Transferring knowledge to make site personnel
• Support improvement projects to reduce cycle time, defects and manufacturing costs
• Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure processes are capable, have sufficient controls in place, can meet out delivery requirements, and meet our cost targets
• Evaluate Sensata’s and suppliers technical capabilities including tooling design, build experience, maintenance program, processes and process controls, cell automation- if required, quality control systems, and material knowledge
Experience / Qualifications
• A college degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree)
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata, we are working together to make things work together
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact email@example.com.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
We are ready for the next century.
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world. Click here to find out more about our Future Focus
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied, please make a request to the recruiter or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sensata Technologies, Inc. (US) participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters
We are dedicated to ensuring our employees feel a sense of belonging and respect every day. We believe that every individual has unique insights that others can learn from. Working at Sensata means you can bring your whole self to the table. Our goal is to achieve fair representation of women, minorities, veterans, people with disabilities, and all types of diversity among all levels in our organization.