Sensata Technologies, Inc. System Engineer in Shanghai, China
. Understand passage car market development trend, familiar with the main stream technical solutions of powertrain in passage car market in next 5-10 years.
2. Track and analyze the vehicle & powertrain related laws and regulations independently. Including vehicle energy consumption regulations, vehicle safety regulations, emission regulations and other regional regulations. Find out potential business opportunities including sensor content increasing & new sensors application.
3. Mainly focus on potential sensors application opportunities in new energy vehicle. Transfer the customers’ requirement to DE team correctly, including electrical control, mechanical, functional, validation and performance requirements.
4. Work with marketing team and DE to promote our sensors in customer side especially for the new application field. If existing sensors can’t fulfill customer requirement, need to define new sensors requirement according to system architectures, legislation, application and functional needs and trends.
5. Conduct trainings on system, application and platform topics. Participate in knowledge transfer between application and marketing, design teams.
6. Provides technical support and guidance for the resolution of various customer and interdepartmental.
1. Education background: BS or MS, engineering Degree, majored in Mechanical engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Engine & vehicle calibration Engineering.
2. Min 5 years of experience in powertrain or vehicle related jobs such as: system architecture, automotive electronic, engine & vehicle control or calibration, integration or key electrical components engineering.
3. Knowledge of automotive sensors requirements in powertrain or chassis/safety system is a plus.
4. Work under high pressure and timeline.
5. High frequency business trips for customers visit (2-3 times per month).
5. Able to manage independently & ability to be self-starter.
6. Strong self-learning and self-coaching skills.
7. Good interpersonal skill with customers and internal teams.
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 13 countries and more than 20,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action (AA) /Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Sensata uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.