Sensata Technologies, Inc. Process Engineer in Baoying, China
In general, a process development engineer needs to be adept at predicting sources of variation and potential failure modes within the manufacturing process. Then he/she must be able to implement cost-effective solutions to facilitate economical manufacture at the quality level and cycle time required.The location is in Baoying, Yangzhou
1. Influencing product designs to insure economical manufacture
2. Developing improved manufacturing and testing processes that are necessary to achieve the performance and cost requirements of future device applications
3. Debugging & qualifying high volume assembly/test equipment
4. Participating in advanced quality planning activities
5. Facilitating the successful launch of new products
6. Transferring knowledge to make site personnel
7. Support improvement projects to reduce cycle time, defects and manufacturing cost
8. Setting up sample lines and process development equipment
9. Working with suppliers and contract manufacturers to insure processes are capable, have sufficient controls in place, can meet our delivery requirements, and meet our cost targets
1. Strong planning and organization skills
2. Self directed and driven for success
3. Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally at all levels
4. Ability to positively influence and build relationships with global team members
5. Engineering aptitude to participate in design reviews and assist during debug & qualification
6. Ability to identifying & correct problems by utilization of root cause problem solving skills and experimental methods such as DOE, 8D and 6-sigma.
7. Functional understanding of advanced quality planning tools to meet industry sensor requirements.
8. Experience with manufacturing processes such as SMT, wire-bonding, dispensing, laser welding, soldering, electrical testing, etc. is desired but not mandatory
10. Experience with industry sensor/instrument suppliers and/or customers is also a plus
11. Bachelor or Master ME/EE degree required; More than 5 years working experience in industry application field
12. Willingness to travel internationally or domestically to work with the global team and our suppliers as needed is a must
Our employees are the reason we have been successful in the past and the reason we will be successful in the future. Employees’ skills, talents and work ethic have defined the business and will shape our collective future.
Our Vision is to be:
A world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and electrical protection
Satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment
A partner, employer, and neighbor of choice.
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Return to Sensata.com
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 13 countries and more than 20,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
Note to applicants for positions in the United States:
Sensata is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action (AA) /Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Sensata uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.